Friday, September 4, 2009

Happy Birthday to Blog!

Great googly moogly. I've been doing this for a year.

Today marks the One Year Anniversary of this blog. I have beaten the odds, apparently - somewhere I read that the vast majority of blogs have exactly four posts, spread out over three months:
  1. Here I am! I will set the online world on fire with my thoughts and incisive writing!
  2. Sorry for the delays! Life is busy and I'll get back to this soon!
  3. I've got some good stuff waiting and I'll post it soon, really!
  4. Here is a picture of my cat.
But not me!

Well, there are cat pictures here, but that can't be helped. It is teh Intarweebs after all and such things are required. One of my favorite series of commercials was when Dennis Leary was fronting for some motor oil company and doing so with his trademark snark. In one of them he starts in on the whole "internet" thing (what did this have to do with motor oil? who knows...), complaining that after billions of dollars of investment and infrastructure, what are people doing with it? Posting pictures of their cats. And an old man sitting at his computer looks over his glasses at Leary and says, "Do you know what the margin is on cat pictures, slick?" So, yes, there are cat pictures here.

And stories! And photos of loved ones! And news, updates and opinions! No motor oil, though it could happen. You can never tell.

I'm enjoying this blog. I get to tell stories and offer opinions and generally write myself into corners and see if I can get back out - what's not to like?

So happy birthday to 4 Quarters, 10 Dimes! I think this deserves a celebration. Borders, here I come.

1 comment:

KimK said...

Congratulations, and Happy Birthday 4Q10D! I wish you decades more success!